"Offering a hand up, not a handout!"
Seven Dearborn County schools benefit from this program:
- Many elementary age children go without enough food to eat on the weekends
- We send healthy meals and snacks home with 250 students on Fridays during the school year and throughout the summer
Things to Donate:
- Fruit cups, pudding cups, granola bars and ramen noodles or help fund purchases with checks made out to The Clearinghouse, Attn. SOS, PO Box 478, Aurora, IN 47001.
Here are some startling statistics about hunger in Indiana:
- In 2009, more than 12 percent of Indiana households were unable to provide enough food for themselves and their families.
- In 2010, 14.5 percent of households (17.2 million households)were food insecure.
- In 2010, 5.4 percent of households (6.4 million households) experienced very low food security.
- In 2010, households with children reported food insecurity at a significantly higher rate than those without children, 20.2 percent compared to 11.7 percent.
Help us with this wonderful program.
Donate to Sacks of Snacks today!
Make sure a child in need has enough food and fight hunger by donating to this program today. Donation barrels are located in various areas and donations can be dropped off at our main location.